21 March 2005

the 411 on nanny 911

Whoa - I totally did not expect to like this show. But, I believe I am starting to love it!

This is a FOX show (already warning sirens are blaring). Parents who cannot control their kids call in to Nanny Central. Nanny Central then dispatches a nanny - one of three (I think) - who specializes in the particulars of that family's problem. Then the nanny observes the family and gives them new rules to help the family communicate better, or work together, or cure separation anxieties. The nanny leaves the family after this week of intensive triaining.

From what I've seen of this show, it's pretty spot on. I've never seen a nanny give advice that I didn't agree with. They are really down to earth and seem really well trained for their jobs. Seriously. It's a pretty good show. Not appointment TV yet, but still worth the effort to watch!

3 comments:

Josh Leo said...

Fox ripped off ABC by making "Trading Spouses" So I guess it was about time that ABC returned the favor and has now created "Supernanny" Let me know what you think of that show.

msbauer said...

well, i just happen to catch nanny 911 before i watch 24. i don't even know when it used to be on!

Josh Leo said...

you were the first in the WOH office to have a blog (besides me that is) and now you have abandoned it. What about Lost? what about 24? what about the fact that you are getting married in a few months. get on the ball and start thing thing back up!