10 July 2006

so....when?

I have a question. When is it appropriate, if ever, to admit that you have been listening in on a phone conversation to which you have not been invited?

Right now I am listening to my coworker rattle off to her husband on the other end of the line, a list of groceries she needs him to pick up. Well, one of the things she listed was a bag of shredded cheddar cheese. And she said "and I need two cups of that, so make sure you pick up two bags." The thing is, a normal bag of shredded cheese (any flavor) comes standard in a two cup sized bag. So, really she would only need to buy one. Although, sometimes, they come in a three cup sized bag, they never really come in a 1 cup sized bag. Anyway, so I wanted to lean over and tell her that he really only needed to pick up one bag, not two. But then the jig would be up; I would be exposed for the listening tom (?) I am....

I am kind of pathetic.

3 comments:

kkoois said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kkoois said...

you crack me up!

hopefully she wasn't using that cheese to make something for the office. it would be quite cheesy and talk about binding!!

Josh Leo said...

ooh I'm gonna tall schipper!