01 August 2007

me and my brain

I am pretty sure that my brain, for whatever reason, has ceased to exist. And even if it's not completely gone, it certainly has gone to limited power. Or maybe it's on vacation. I can't think. I get lost easily. I can't ever remember what I was doing. I can't keep up with anything. As you might imagine, this keeps me from getting a lot of stuff done. It's like an eternal brain fart.

What is the cure for an eternal brain fart? (Much as I HATE that term.) Is it vacation? Is it relaxation? I seem to be relaxed enough. I've had some busy days recently, but nothing compared to that last semester of college when I was working, a full time student, in the play, dating my future husband, and still maintaining my 3.8 GPA.

Did my brain go on sabbatical? Maybe it sent my body a "Dear John" letter. "Dear Body, I just wasn't that into you anymore. I think we need a little break. Maybe I'll come back. Then again, maybe I won't. Sincerely, Brain." What if my brain NEVER COMES BACK?

Oh Brain, I miss you! Please come back! Remember all the great times we had together? Writing papers, thinking of excuses, participating in discussions with other people? Remember how we used to plan things out and do them? Those were great times. Let's get back to those times ok? Wherever you are, whatever you're doing right now, you should know that it can be right again! It's not the same without you. Just come home. I'm waiting for you...

No comments: