18 August 2007

this is my garage right now.

This weekend is the Grand Rapids Ghost Riders' annual rally. As you can imagine, this is a VERY BIG DEAL in our house. Joel has been busy hosting people, leading people, getting food, praying that it doesn't rain, and participating in other captainly duties. He IS the Grand Rapids chapter Captain after all.

Part of these duties include:
- being really flighty
- having little regard for other people who happen to be living in the house
- lowering standards of cleanliness in the house
- making the house smell like gasoline
- leaving moped grease stains in the sink
- leaving empty PBR cans on our front porch in full view of the neighbors
and also, apparently,
- filling my garage with mopeds.

Observe:

I'd also like to add that I did almost die while taking this picture. I took 5 pictures total, but at about the fourth picture I'm standing there in the dark alone in my driveway in the rain, focusing the camera when all of the sudden there is a person behind me. I inhaled in a most unflattering way with the most unflattering sound for about, let's say, approximately 5 whole minutes. After this the skinny little emo mopeder felt really bad, and apologized for being so quiet. But I just felt really stupid.

That's the moped rally so far. Only one more day. Only one more day... Only... one... more...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the garage is man-space you women get out! GET OUT!! Leave the garage now! Let Joe have his little space for his mopeds you get the hole house.