04 January 2007

dry as a bone....

So, in honor of 'Leozinga' new years, a fun time had by all, and the excesses that manifested themselves... I think I will try a little something different. I think I'll spend the month of January dry. That is, as in no alcohol. So, no wine, no beloved vodka cranberry ginger ales, no long island iced teas or summery mohitos etc.

It's not that I overindulged to a terrible extent, but I can feel my body slugging away begging for health! I think my body just needs a break from poisons. Technically it needs a break from large amounts of fat and calories too, but I suck at controlling things like that. Alcohol though, I can control. And so, those empty calories will not be entering my body.

It will be hard I think, but not impossible. There is something different about not being ABLE to drink (because of something like allergy or pregnancy) versus CHOOSING to not drink.

That's my January goal. And now that I've written it, it will be much harder to maintain (with people knowing and all...). So, wish me luck. And, hopefully, I'll see you on the other side!

2 comments:

kkoois said...

well, being that i enjoyed a few cocktails with you for the couple days after the new year, you will not be able to achieve your goal for the entire month. but, good luck with all that...it's not for me...

Jen said...

Fun! Join me on the wagon. It sucks. :-(

Seriously, I really have no trouble turning down alcohol (well, except a apple martini) when not preggers, but when I am in the family way, oh boy. I CRAVE it like crazy. Forbidden fruit and all. . .